Proudly serving the Grandville, Michigan community, our methadone clinic provides adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Benefits of Individual Therapy for Opioid Abuse
For those who are struggling with addictions to opioids, overcoming more than the physical dependence upon a substance is required in order to achieve lasting recovery. Because the causes for addiction lay deeply rooted within an individual, treatment must be provided for both the physical as well as the psychological components of a patient’s addictive behaviors. Incorporating the use of individual therapy into a patient’s treatment plan is extremely beneficial for a person’s ling-term recovery. This therapeutic method involves a single patient working with a counselor in a one-on-one setting in order to address and process the underlying factors that may have contributed to the development of an addiction in the first place. In addition, patients find the following benefits take place when individual therapy is utilized:
- Past events that may have led to the abuse of opioids are pinpointed.
- New points of view are developed in relation to the potential underlying causes of addiction and substance abuse.
- New ways to handle stress in a healthy manner that do not include the use of opioids or other substances are learned.
- Patients learn to handle setbacks and/or accomplishments in an appropriate manner throughout the course of treatment.
- Patients develop new ways of handling future situations in which substance use may be tempting.
- Patients can form new personal goals for both the present and future.
By understanding one’s own emotions and behaviors, those working to overcome opioid addictions are able to appropriately prepare for a future that does not include the use of substances. Individual therapy provides patients with a safe environment in which to navigate through the deeply rooted causes of their addictive behaviors in order to progress towards a recovered future.
In addition, patients who incorporate individual therapy into their treatment plan also report experiencing the following successes:
- An increase in self-confidence
- Improvement in self-esteem
- A reduction in levels of stress
- An increased sense of self-awareness
Building a Foundation for Opioid Abuse Recovery
Western Michigan Comprehensive Treatment Center believes that individual therapy plays a crucial role in the recovery process. By allowing patients to process their emotions in a safe atmosphere, individuals are ultimately given the tools and support that is necessary for a substance-free future. These sessions also allow patients to work through any issues that may arise during the course of treatment.
Patients who take part in individual therapy through Western Michigan Comprehensive Treatment Center are provided the information, guidance, and compassion that are required in order to move forward towards a life without the use of opioids. To learn more about this form of treatment as well as the other treatment options available, please contact us today.